Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Global Economics

As Columbia J-term MBA's, we are in the unique position of having some very interesting professors in the summer term, where things tend to feel more relaxed and less focused on grades, more so on learning.  One of my favorite classes this semester is Global Economics (Macro).  This course is completely different from any Econ course I've taken.  Our class participation points consist of weekly debates between two learning teams (your pre-established study group) on interesting topics pertaining to the global economy.  I'm currently working on the first debate we'll be having with my team.  The topic: Does France have a higher standard of living than the U.S.?  My group is assigned the "nay" position, and we are having a good time using principles we've learned in class and our individual backgrounds to come up with a convincing argument.  I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment